WHEN WAS NALS FOUNDED AND WHO ARE THE MEMBERS?
Since 1929, NALS . . . the association for legal professionals has been and continues to be the premiere association for professional legal support staff, providing many opportunities to improve individual performance and enhance knowledge of the legal profession through continuing legal education, networking with peers, NALS publication @LAW, and certification. The name NALS was not adopted or incorporated until 1949.
WHAT DO THE FOLLOWING ACRONYMS MEAN?
NALS members often sound as if they are speaking a foreign language. Here are some of the more common acronyms used:
- ALP: Accredited Legal Professional
- PLS: Professional Legal Secretary
- CLP: Certified Legal Professional
- PP: Professional Paralegal
- SMC: State Membership Chairman
- LMC: Local Membership Chairman
- CLE: Continuing Legal Education
- CLA: Certified Legal Assistant
- @Law: The Official NALS Magazine. As a member of NALS, you will receive @Law four times a year. Each issue features informative articles and time-saving resources. @LAW is so informative it won the coveted Gold Circle Award for Most Improved Magazine from the ASAE. The @Law subscription rate for nonmembers of NALS is $40.00 per year. Subscribe now.
- RC – NALS Resource Center located in Tulsa, Oklahoma